Why ADAS Recalibration Is So Important After Windshield Replacement
If you have recently had your car windows replaced, you may have noticed that your driver assistance tools are not working how they're supposed to be. You have to entirely remove all sensors to replace a front or rear windshield, and after that happens, your sensors don’t instantly return to normal when you turn the car on.
Learn more about ADAS calibration and why it is so crucial after windshield replacement.
What is ADAS calibration?
ADAS calibration refers to the process of resetting your car sensors so that automatic digital drive-assistance tools can work properly. ADAS stands for Advanced Driver Assistance System.
Depending on your car’s make and model, you can have any number of these ADAS tools in your vehicle:
- Lane Keep Assist or Lane Departure Warning System
- Blind-Spot Monitoring
- Rear Windshield Backup Cameras
- Pedestrian Monitoring Tools
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Collision Avoidance
- Automatic Emergency Brakes
Why do you need to recalibrate your ADAS system after windshield replacement?
You may not have already realized this, but many of your car's cameras and sensors are attached directly to the front and rear windshields, which means that you need to take out the sensor devices fully before replacing a car windshield.
Regardless of if your windshield is cracked or just lightly damaged, as long as you replace the windshield, you’ll need to reinstall the sensor devices.
However, once you install the new windshield and put back all the sensor devices, it doesn’t mean your ADAS system is fully functional. Without the help of professionals recalibrating your ADAS system, you’ll be unable to use blind-spot monitoring, collision prevention, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, and numerous other features.
What other times should you recalibrate your ADAS system?
Whenever your car gets damaged, it is time to recalibrate your ADAS system, but there is no time more critical for ADAS recalibration than directly after replacing your windshield.
Also, recalibrate your ADAS system after:
- Your side view windows are damaged
- Your airbags are deployed
- Your car is being fixed for collision damage
- Your car’s height changes or tires are rotated
- You replace any engine control modules, powertrain control modules, and engine control units
Trust Quality Counts Auto Glass for ADAS Recalibration
Quality Counts Auto Glass has been serving the Bradenton community for over 15 years, offering quality services you can trust.
Here are just some of the perks of choosing Quality Counts Auto Glass:
- Mobile auto glass repair services at no extra charge
- Free quotes on any auto glass repair or replacement project
- Auto glass repair services for all vehicle makes and models
- Same-day repair service available (depending on parts availability)
- Exclusive lifetime warranty options to cover any future repair work
- All insurances accepted and insurance claims process assistance
- Complete sanitization process upon completion of our repair work
- Se Habla Español!
Contact Quality Counts Auto Glass to schedule windshield replacement, repair, and ADAS recalibration.